Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Break. Again.

I don't know if it matters or not that I post something to let y'all know what I'm thinking, but right now - and it might just be hormonal (ah those hormones) - but I'm feeling the need for a bit of a break. The last few days I've really had to reach, and I'm tiring of the same ol' same ol'. I'm finding that every now and again - frequently lately, it seems - I need a break. I know I just took one this weekend, but my head just hurts with all the crap going on in it. I don't feel as if I have a firm grasp on it all.

My recent rants are partly due to doubts and partly due to a freedom inside to say something that might offend (really, some of these things I had no idea would offend). I find courage and lose it almost as quickly, or fear I've overstepped my bounds. It's worn me down. I'm sure it's all worn you down as well.

So, unless something strikes me particularly, I think I'm going to be MIA for a bit. It's the last week before vacation, and I've just had it.

So much to do. So little incentive or motivation to do it. I'm tired.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We all need a break every now and then...enjoy yourself and your family!

Cindy said...

Your second paragraph describes exactly how I feel sometimes. I usually try to tip toe around anything controversial on my own blog so as not to become the neighborhood pariah but then it gets to the point where I'm just boring myself and forgetting about the real reason behind the blog in the first place. Enjoy your break!

Anonymous said...

Have a pleasant holiday season, and thanks for the interesting articles you've been so generous to provide. I've really enjoyed them.

Natalie said...

Lol. It's your blog. Take a break whenever you want, no apologies or permission needed. :)

And REST. :) Lots. And for a few days, just forget about everything but your family and the holiday.

Merry Christmas!